Having been in the staffing industry for the better part of my adult life, I have a sincere appreciation for the dedication and hard work of Administrative Professionals. Mind you, I didn’t write administrative “staff”, my intent is clearly intended to emphasize these ever-important “professionals”.
Administrative Professionals are the heart-beat of many companies and organizations. At times overlooked and under-appreciated, they are crucial to the smooth and successful operations of most businesses.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor statistics, there are currently more than 4.1 million secretaries and administrative assistants working in the U.S. As a whole, there are nearly 9 million people working in various administrative support roles.
This week, we celebrate Administrative Professionals week, with Administrative Professional’s Day on Wednesday, April 23rd.
• The administrative professional is the person that everyone counts on to keep their department running smoothly
• They are the go-to person who is expected to stay on top of the latest technologies
• The administrative professional gets consistent results, often with limited resources
• They are the loyal assistant who is entrusted with critical, confidential information
• They take on roles as team leaders
• Administrative professionals are virtually indispensable to their boss and organization
*source the Administrative Professionals Conference website – http://www.apcevent.com/
Administrative Professional’s 22nd Annual Conference
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
National Harbor, MD (near Washington, DC)
September 28th – October 1st, 2014
American Society of Administrative Professionals – http://www.asaporg.com/
International Association of Administrative Professionals – http://www.iaap-hq.org/
Washington, DC metro area Administrative Professionals – http://www.dc-iaap.org/home
Please show a little extra appreciation to your Administrative Professionals this Wednesday. Buy them flowers, take them to lunch, tweet them a coffee – https://www.starbucks.com/tweet-a-coffee, or if you are feeling extra nice, give them the day off with pay (if you are in the DC area, please call 4Staff at 202-347-1044 to bring in a well qualified temporary Administrative Professional).